Well, not enough of the topic yet Festival with lipedema to get? How about a few casual outfits from the current collections of the fashion houses to buy later. So you can give up your purchase before the big festivals and it will be with you until it starts!
Classic festival outfit
Casual, wearable for everyone, but with a twinkle in the eye. This is how the first festival with lipedema look presents itself. The highlight: the transparent rain jacket doesn't prevent you from looking at the shirt of your favorite band! Most importantly, the look goes perfectly with the color Cashmere from Medi combine!
Here are the details to buy again:
Jeans: Asos | Rubber boots: Wide boots shop or in black via Deichmann | Rain jacket: EMP | Band shirt: EMP | Pullover: H&M | Hoodie: H&M | Sunglasses: About you by Kerbholz | Backpack: H&M
Don't you like the Leo rubber boots? Have a look here purely. Anja wrote an article about her red boots - maybe you like them better. 🙂
A girl's dream in coral
The color simply brings a great complexion with it, it looks feminine and extremely cool at the same time. A great eye-catcher when combined with jeans and lace. Everyone will surely appeal to you about the great color on their legs - and believe me: there are few who look stupid when the legs are built a bit sturdier. The main thing is that you feel comfortable in your outfit and that it radiates. With this color combination you are guaranteed to succeed!
Pia's favorite - denim dress with rockabilly charm
Actually it's a total cliché, but with swallows, anchors, cherries and 50s clothes my heart starts to dance. Polkadot patterns combined with petticoats are my secret love and now it's official too. If it didn't always look so fancy ... I might wear clothes like this every day. With the third outfit, you even have the option of either cherry from Medi, anthracite or to combine black from other manufacturers like Juzo. The highlight here are the accessories!
Here are the details to buy again:
Sunglasses: Mr. Spex | Chuck's via Amazon | Red cardigan: Killer cherry | Denim dress: Ulla Popken / Studio Untold | Iron-on patches: H&M | Bag: Amazon | Bangle: Amazon | cardigan: H&M (is also perfect for stronger arms. And if you wear arm socks: here the color flashes through beautifully!) | Rubber boots: Wide boots shop
Festival with lipedema? Testimonials & tips
As in the ersten Teil In the series, some girls from the Facebook groups give tips on how to survive with lipedema at the festival:
- Aileen says that staying in a trailer at Wacken was really great. You can change properly and, above all, you have space.
- Mareike also swears by the cold water on the compressions, it simply cools down wonderfully. After a concert or festival, it helps if she puts her legs up and relaxes.
- Juliane takes her cot to every festival. So that she can sleep well and symptom-free on Wacken, she has a wedge pillow with her. So she can put her legs up. She has also had good experiences with the question of whether she can use the disabled toilet. If no one else is queuing, this makes it much easier to put on in terms of space. She washes the compressions through in a large bucket; in good weather, they dry very quickly.
- It is very important to Witte that she has a place to sit where she can sit comfortably for a long time without something being pinched off. Different shoes for the recovery of the feet are also very important. And if it gets too warm for her: put on her swimsuit and go to a nearby swimming pool. You can also try out whether you can only endure it in knee socks.
- Vroni is also available in all imaginable combinations for the variant with knee socks. But in warm weather you should avoid black.
- Stephanie has had great experiences with her tent neighbors: moving in front of the tent and then starting a conversation makes new friends. And most of all, it's nice to see that many people understand you. She always tests how her legs are doing with and without compression. Always adapted to the current form of the day.
- Lucy wrote us that the most important thing is not to let the disease limit you. You can still go to sleep at 5:00 a.m. and experience everything, you just have to take a little more care of yourself. She tries to avoid the sun as much as possible. She loves every second at festivals and she will for a long time!
A big thank you to all contributors! I wish you a great festival summer! Post your festival experiences on Instagram under the hashtags # lipödemphönix and / or # phönixprojekt. I am curious to see what journey you will take us on!
All the best,